Originally a United Brethren Church, the land was purchased in 1865 and the church was built soon after. In 1903, the building was moved across the road where it is still located.
The land for the Nevada Mills United Methodist Church was purchased in 1891 and the building was completed in 1892. The bell was hung in December, 1894.
The North Scott Christian Church was organized in 1873. A church building was built in 1886 and was dedicated on Feb. 13, 1887.
The Orland Congregational Church was built in 1852 and is the oldest standing church in Steuben County. It originally was the Union Church.
The Orland United Methodist Church was built in 1878. It was fashioned after the old white churches of the early settlers’ fathers.
The church was built in 1880. A brick structure, it forms the main part of today’s church. It has always been a Baptist church.
Powers Church was built during the summer of 1876 as a free church and was nondenominational. Regular services ceased in the 1920’s. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
Formerly the Cedar Lake Reformed Presbyterian Church (Covenanters), it was built in 1876 and used by the Covenanters for 50 years.
Originally a Methodist church, the Salem Center Presbyterian Church was built in 1867. In the 1920’s the building was sold to the Presbyterians and they still worship there today.
South Scott Church was organized in 1886 as the South Scott Union Church. It soon came under the auspices of the Church of Christ and a building was erected in 1886-1887. It was dedicated April 8, 1887.